- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
PLUS (Program Leading to University Success)Serving the students at Eastern Washington University with a full spectrum of academic support services.
JFK Learning Commons 816 F St.
Cheney, WA 99004
PLUS (Program Leading to University Success)
Our mission is to enhance the quality of university student scholarship and support the achievement of students' academic and career goals through peer-based collaborative study groups, one-on-one tutoring, eTutoring, and student success programming.
We offer FREE academic support to students at EWU. Our offices are located on the main level of JFK Library in the Learning Commons. Find out more about our services below.
Questions? Please contact an office aide at the PLUS Desk:
- Phone: (509) 359-6505
- Email: email@example.com
- Weekly Hours: M-F 8 am - 5 pm (closed weekends)
GRE PREP SEMINAR - FALL 2016
- Are you taking the GRE exam soon? Take advantage of the FREE GRE prep seminar PLUS sponsors in fall and spring quarters. Sign-up today: http://tinyurl.com/greprepseminarsignup
- Fall Schedule: Five weeks from October 4th to November 3rd. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-5 pm. Location: TBA
- Discipline and instructor specific collaborative learning groups led by student facilitators who consult with the instructor
- Held two days a week for 50 minutes each
- Students in the same course collaborate, discuss concepts, and problem solve in a small group environment facilitated by a more knowledgeable peer facilitator
- Facilitators model effective study strategies through course-specific activities
- Facilitators are trained and certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) and attend weekly training each quarter
Students seeking tutoring must sign a contract to meet with their tutor at least twice a week for the quarter as well as other commitments
- Students meet with tutor at least two days a week for 1 hour sessions.
- Tutors model effective study strategies through course-specific activities
- Tutors trained and certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) and attend training one hour a week through each quarter
We are no longer accepting tutor requests for the fall quarter.
Thank you for your interest but we have met our maximum number of tutor matches. Please revisit our site when you sign-up for winter quarter classes.
- Available to all EWU students, including those in online courses and at extended campuses
- Available days, evenings, and weekends
- Includes: eWriting Lab: drop box (asynchronous) -- eChat: one-on-one tutoring (synchronous) -- eQuestions: drop box (asynchronous) inside eTutoring.
- PLUS Groups
- PLUS eTutoring
PLUS Pathways is an exclusive opportunity for students who wish to attend Eastern Washington University and demonstrate that with additional support they can successfully complete an undergraduate program. The Pathways program is based in research and practice for at-risk students and was created to offer higher levels of academic support and social integration. Support includes, but is not limited to peer mentors who work with students during their first year and a program coordinator who oversees their progress.