- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
PLUS (Program Leading to University Success)Serving the students at Eastern Washington University with a full spectrum of academic support services.
JFK Learning Commons 816 F St.
Cheney, WA 99004
PLUS (Program Leading to University Success)
Our mission is to enhance the quality of university student scholarship and support the achievement of students' academic and career goals through peer-based collaborative study groups, one-on-one tutoring, eTutoring, and student success programming.
We offer FREE academic support to students at EWU. Our offices are located on the main level of JFK Library in the Learning Commons. Find out more about our services below.
Student Questions? Please contact an office aide at the PLUS Desk:
- Phone: (509) 359-6505
- Email: email@example.com
- Weekly Hours: M-F 8 am - 5 pm (closed weekends)
- Discipline and instructor specific collaborative learning groups led by student facilitators who consult with the instructor
- Held two days a week for 50 minutes each
- Students in the same course collaborate, discuss concepts, and problem solve in a small group environment facilitated by a more knowledgeable peer facilitator
- Facilitators model effective study strategies through course-specific activities
- Facilitators are trained and certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) and attend weekly training each quarter
- Students should put in a tutoring request through the box link above during priority/general registration for the following quarter
- PLUS starts tutoring sessions ASAP the first week of the following quarter. If you are unsure whether you will pass a class and it may impact what class you request tutoring for in the form, please request tutoring for the class you are registered for and the retake course in parentheses.
- If you are currently using our tutoring service this quarter, it does not roll over into the next quarter. Please fill out requests for each quarter that you desire to receive tutoring.
Students seeking tutoring must sign a contract to meet with their tutor at least twice a week for the quarter as well as other commitments
Filling out a tutor request does not guarantee that you will be assigned a tutor
- Students meet with an assigned tutor at least twice a week during two fifty minute sessions.
- Tutors model effective study strategies through course-specific activities
- Tutors trained and certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) and attend training one hour a week through each quarter
- Available to all EWU students, including those in online courses and at extended campuses
- Available days, evenings, and weekends
- Includes: eWriting Lab: drop box (asynchronous) -- eChat: one-on-one tutoring (synchronous) -- eQuestions: drop box (asynchronous) inside eTutoring.
- PLUS Groups
- PLUS eTutoring