- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
EWU LibrariesAsk a Librarian
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
JFK Library Food Policy
We have established a "Leave No Trace" Policy; the purpose is to:
- Provide opportunity for library users to consume food and drink in the library
- Provide library users with a clean, safe and healthy environment for study and research
- Preserve library materials and protect library furnishings and equipment
- Prevent disruption to others' use of the public areas
Consumption of food and beverages is permitted in most public areas of the library, including most general seating areas and in the group study rooms.
- Be respectful of fellow students and other library users by disposing of trash and cleaning up after the beverage or food is consumed.
- Place all trash in a trash receptacle, or recycle whenever possible. Recycling bins are located throughout the building.
- Caution! Spills can be slippery and pose serious safety hazards. Report accidents/spills to the Circulation Desk immediately to help avoid permanent stains or damage to library collections, materials or furnishings.
- Library personnel have final approval of any sort of food, beverages, or containers allowed in the library.
- Avoid food and beverages that by their nature are damaging or disruptive (i.e. greasy, messy, sticky, noisy, crumbly or aromatic).
- Please be considerate of other library users around you.
- Beverages are allowed in containers with lids.
Food and beverages may NOT be consumed in these areas:
- Archives/Special Collections reading room
- Library instruction rooms (L23)
- In the book stacks
- Food deliveries must be made outside the library, preferably at the back entrance (loading dock) of the library. Once here, the delivery person is to call you to pick up your delivery.