- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.Ask a Librarian
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
JFK Library Food Policy
The purposes of this policy are to:
- Provide opportunity for library users to consume food and drink in the library
- Provide library users with a clean, safe and healthy environment for study and research
- Preserve library materials and protect library furnishings and equipment
- Prevent disruption to others' use of the public areas
LEAVE NO TRACE
Consumption of food and beverages is permitted in most public areas of the library,
including most general seating areas and in the group study rooms.
The library has a leave no trace policy of beverage and food consumption! Be respectful
of fellow students and other library users by disposing of trash and cleaning up after the
beverage or food is consumed. Place all trash in a trash receptacle, or recycle whenever
possible. Recycling bins are located throughout the building.
Caution! Spills can be slippery and pose serious safety hazards. Report accidents/spills
to the Circulation Desk immediately to help avoid permanent stains or damage to library
collections, materials or furnishings.
Library personnel have final approval of any sort of food, beverages, or containers allowed in
Food and beverages may not be consumed in these areas:
- Archives/Special Collections reading room
- Library instruction rooms (M18, L23)
- In the book stacks
Avoid food and beverages that by their nature are damaging or disruptive (i.e. greasy,
messy, sticky, noisy, crumbly or aromatic). Please be considerate of other library users
Users are asked not to have food delivered to the library (pizza deliveries, etc.).
Beverages are allowed in containers with lids.