- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
EWU LibrariesOur mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.Ask a Librarian
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
Information for Program Coordinators and Faculty
Distance Education Program Coordinators
In order to ensure prompt access to library services, please send us a list of enrolled students with their:
- Full name
- Student ID number
- Class standing
- Full mailing address, including telephone number and email (if provided)
Also, please indicate the duration of the program (start-up and ending dates).
Send the information to EWU Libraries Instruction Coordinator Ielleen Miller or FAX 509.359.6456.
To coordinate face-to-face library instruction for distance students, please work with distance faculty members and library liaisons to determine optimal scheduling and conditions:
- One month advance notice is appreciated so that we may arrange for travel authorization and class preparation
- Determine if the instruction site has a computer lab available for classroom instruction, and if the lab has Internet access.
- Work with the computer lab manager, if possible, to reserve the lab for an instruction session compatible with class schedules
- If a training password is required for Internet access, please obtain the password and transmit it to the library instruction liaison
Information for FacultyLibrary Instruction for Your Students
To advance the educational goals of information literacy and critical thinking, the EWU Libraries offer online tutorials, class and subject guides, and/or face-to-face instruction in library research methods to distance students in all programs.
- To integrate library instruction into your curriculum contact your program coordinator, or Coordinator of Instruction Ielleen Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.359.4816. You may also choose to correspond directly with the Library Instruction Liaisons for your discipline.
- Try to schedule at least one month in advance for a face-to-face bibliographic instruction session, and if you have a research-related student assignment, providing an advance copy to the library liaison would be appreciated.
- For online tutorials, please contact Ielleen Miller several weeks in advance. She will work with you on the content of the tutorials, and whether you want it to be in Canvas or on the library website.
Reproduction of copyrighted course materials falls under the Fair Use guidelines in U.S. copyright law, but interpretation and compliance can be problematic. Also, many faculty members are concerned with intellectual property aspects of course materials they personally develop. EWU has compiled materials related to these topics on the following page, which you are invited to peruse: