- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.Ask a Librarian
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
EWU Libraries may place certain materials, designated as high-demand, on reserve. Materials placed on reserve generally have shorter loan periods, and are kept in special reserve locations. Some reserve materials may not be removed from the library.
- JFK Library Circulation Desk
- JFK Library Lower Level Service Desk (for videos, dvds, and other media)
- Riverpoint Campus Library Circulation Desk
Types of Material Placed on Reserve
- Instructor-owned materials, such as textbooks, photocopy articles, or media.
- Library books or media placed on reserve at the request of an instructor.
- Media equipment, such as laptop computers, cameras, etc. <="" li="" laptop="" />
- EWU catalogs and course announcements.
- Other specially designated materials, such as test aids and university publications.
Most reserve material, due to its high demand, may be checked out for one or two hours. Most media equipment checks out for 24 hours. Some materials, such as test aids, checks out for one week.
Checking Out Reserve Materials
A valid library card is required to borrow reserve materials.
- EWU students, faculty and staff: Your EWU EagleCard is your library card. Present your EagleCard to check out reserve materials.
- Community borrowers: Complete the application for a guest library card. Present your guest library card and a current/valid picture ID.
Present your card, then request the reserve item you need at the service desk where it is located.
Returning Reserve Material
Reserve material must be returned to the service desk where it was check out. Due to their short loan periods and the need to check them in quickly, reserves should be hand-delivered directly to a staff member at the appropriate service desk. Do not place reserve materials in a book return.