- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.Ask a Librarian
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
The Riverpoint Campus Library supports the academic programs of Eastern Washington University, Washington State University and the University of Washington offered in Spokane.
The Riverpoint Campus Library maintains a small collection of books and periodicals in print, but relies upon the main campus libraries in Cheney and other libraries for many printed materials.
- See Finding Materials for instructions on locating books within the Riverpoint Campus Library's collections, as well as EWU, WSU and other academic libraries, as well as requesting books and articles.
- See Finding Articles for links to all of the databases.
PCs: The Riverpoint Campus Library has 14 personal computers available for public use. These computers have Web browser software, and some have application software such as word processing or spreadsheet programs installed on them. Any non-academic use of these computers is considered misuse of state property and is not allowed. Of the 14 computers, 12 are reserved for use by students only.
Assistive Technology: A Visualtek device that magnifies printed pages and a Kurzweil reading machine are available in the Riverpoint Campus Library.
Fast Riverpoint Campus Library Facts
- 10,000 circulating book titles
- 2,000 reference titles
- 14 public access computers
- 400+ printed journal titles
- Full-text articles from thousands of periodical titles via the Internet
- Bob Pringle, Director -- 509.368.6973
- Jonathan Potter, Reference Librarian -- 509.368.6557
- Mary Wood, Reference Librarian -- 509.368.6790
- Kelly Evans, Reference Librarian -- 509.828.1337
- Linda Lilles, Library Specialist -- 509.368.6992
- Dan Nolan, Library Specialist -- 509.358.7926
- Dee Rodgers, Library Specialist -- 509.358.7927
- Michelanne Adams, Library Specialist -- 509.358.7931
- Jeanne Wagner, Library Specialist -- 509.368.6991
- Nancy Wagner, Library Specialist -- 509.368.6792
Services & Policies
- Professional instructional and reference services (call to schedule appointments and/or for instructions)
- Access to hundreds of databases
- Internet access for faculty, students and staff
- Course reserve material
- Photocopying ($.10 per page with EagleFlex, CougarCard, or Uniprint Card)
- VHS/DVD player to view coursework-related videos and Distance Degree Program tapes
- Electronic and courier document delivery from Washington State University, Pullman and EWU, Cheney
- Interlibrary loans from other libraries
- Outside Book Return: near northwest parking lot entrance to Academic Center Building. Bring reserve items inside when Library is open.
The librarians and staff are here to serve your information needs. Please do not hesitate to ask for help!
Riverpoint Campus Library serves Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, and University of Washington students in Spokane and students enrolled in Spokane classes for a total of about 3,000 potential primary users.
Although Riverpoint Campus Library serves a research function it houses a relatively small number of books and journal titles. Riverpoint is primarily what may be termed an "Electronic Access Library," meaning that most of the services offered are delivered digitally.
Riverpoint is primarily a document delivery center. It will often be necessary to request books, articles and documents from WSU Pullman, EWU Cheney, or other, more distant libraries.
Allow plenty of time when requesting documents or books from remote locations. Generally, materials from Cheney take 1-2 working days to arrive in Spokane. Please, allow more time during peak usage periods (e.g., near the end of the school session). Items from WSU Pullman or other Summit libraries usually arrive in about one week, and other Interlibrary loans can take two weeks or longer to arrive at Riverpoint Campus Library.