- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.Ask a Librarian
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
Dean of Libraries
Vision Statement: EWU Libraries: Partners of Learning: Leaders of Engagement
Welcome to the Eastern Washington University Libraries. Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry; an affirmation and reflection of the mission and vision of Eastern Washington University.
The University Libraries embrace our role as partners of learning and leaders of engagement as we continue to expand our vision of how to promote student success with quality, diversity, collaboration, and literacy as cornerstones.
In fulfillment of this commitment to enhance the academic and research culture, the University Libraries will continue to:
- provide access to reputable resources that support the curriculum and individual inquiry
- promote cultural diversity, increase cross-cultural exchanges and encourage positive interaction through events, multi-thematic/disciplinary programs, and access to virtual and physical resources
- foster collaborative and individual learning through collections, instruction, services, campus and community partnerships, and the creation of an environment conducive to exploration and learning
- encourage and facilitate critical thinking, information competence, intellectual independence, and lifelong learning skills
- develop identifiable spaces for students that are responsive to university values
- build on social learning as a key to student success
- promote social responsibility and a greater sense of community and identity through faculty, staff, and student participation and engagement.
The campus community and interested stakeholders are invited to partner with the Eastern Washington University Libraries as we harness change and meet the challenges of the 21st century. Libraries are essential to co-creating and transforming learning communities and supporting access to diverse resources that are available at the point of need for research and individual inquiry. Join us as partners in promoting and sustaining excellence in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies, and in creating an intellectual center that benefits the community.