- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
EWU LibrariesOur mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.Ask a Librarian
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
The library sends a variety of notices, to library users, via postal mail (default). However, library users may choose to receive notices by email.
Most common notices are:
- Overdue notices: Sent the first day an item becomes overdue (except weekends/holidays). Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy to alert library borrowers to return or renew their overdue materials promptly.
- Bills/statements: Lists charges owing to the library. Sent when an overdue item is returned and checked in. Note: Bills and statements are sent by postal mail only.
- Hold pickups notices: Sent when an item on hold becomes available. Library users are generally provided seven days from the date of the notice to claim and check out the item on hold.
- Hold cancellation: Sent when it is determined an item on hold is not available, and the hold cannot be filled. Receiving a hold cancellation notice alerts the patron to seek an alternative means of obtaining the item, such as Summit or Interlibrary Loan.
- Recall notices: Sent to alert the patron that a borrowed library item has been requested by someone else. See recalls for more detailed information on the recall process.
Library notices are sent as courtesy. The library is not responsible for notices not delivered, either by postal mail or by email. Not receiving a notice, such as an overdue notice or a bill, does not absolve the borrower from his/her responsibility to return materials on time, pay charges, etc.
Email Option for Receiving Library Notices
Library users may choose to receive most notices via email. Choosing this option allows quick receipt of library notices, such as overdue notices or hold pickup notices. See above for deatil on types and delivery of notices
To receive library notices by email, complete an Email Option for Circulation Notices Form at the JFK or Riverpoint Campus Library circulation desks.
Note: The library does not receive updated address, phone, or email information from the Registrar's Office. Always let the library know promptly if there is a change with your address, telephone, or email address.
The library is not responsible for notices not delivered, either by postal mail or by email.