- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
EWU LibrariesAsk a Librarian
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
The Spokane Academic Library supports the academic programs of Eastern Washington University, Washington State University and the University of Washington offered in Spokane.
The Spokane Academic Library maintains a small collection of books and periodicals in print, but relies upon the main campus libraries in Cheney and other libraries for many printed materials.
- See Finding Materials for instructions on locating books within the Spokane Academic Library's collections, as well as EWU, WSU and other academic libraries, as well as requesting books and articles.
- See Finding Articles for links to all of the databases.
PCs: Reference area PCs provide students, faculty, and staff of EWU and WSU with access to online library resources. Two computers are available for use by others if they are not being used by WSU and EWU affiliates and if the visitor signs in at the service desk, which constitutes an agreement to abide by the conditions of use on this form. Microsoft Office programs are available on the reference area PCs in the library. Use many media-creation programs on our multi-media machine, which has a scanner.
Laptops: Students may also check out a laptop for 3 days (limited number available). Faculty may check out a laptop for use in classroom presentations for up to four hours. Read the instructions for use (pdf) , the user agreement (pdf) , and policies (pdf) here.
- Jonathan Potter, Library Director -- 509.368.6973
- Electra Enslow, WSU Health Sciences Librarian -- 509.368.6790
- Kelly Evans, EWU Business & Public Administration Librarian -- 509.828.1337
- Joseph Dresch, WSU Reserves -- 509.368.6992
- Dee Rodgers, WSU Interlibrary Loan -- 509.358.7927
- Michelanne Adams, EWU Circulation, Acquisitions & Reserves -- 509.358.7931
- Jeanne Wagner, WSU Reference & Serials -- 509.368.6991
- Nancy Wagner, WSU Interlibrary Loan -- 509.368.6792
Services & Policies
- Professional instructional and reference services (call to schedule appointments and/or for instructions)
- Access to hundreds of databases
- Internet access for faculty, students and staff
- Course reserve material
- Photocopying ($.10 per page with EagleFlex, CougarCard, or Uniprint Card)
- VHS/DVD player to view coursework-related videos and Distance Degree Program tapes
- Electronic and courier document delivery from Washington State University, Pullman and EWU, Cheney
- Interlibrary loans from other libraries
- Outside Book Return: near northwest parking lot entrance to Academic Center Building. Bring reserve items inside when Library is open.
The librarians and staff are here to serve your information needs. Please do not hesitate to ask for help!
The Spokane Academic Library serves Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, and University of Washington students in Spokane and students enrolled in Spokane classes for a total of about 3,000 potential primary users.
Although the Spokane Academic Library serves a research function it houses a relatively small number of books and journal titles. The Library is primarily what may be termed an "Electronic Access Library," meaning that most of the services offered are delivered digitally.
The Spokane Academic Library is primarily a document delivery center. It will often be necessary to request books, articles and documents from WSU Pullman, EWU Cheney, or other, more distant libraries.
Allow plenty of time when requesting documents or books from remote locations. Generally, materials from Cheney take 1-2 working days to arrive in Spokane. Please, allow more time during peak usage periods (e.g., near the end of the school session). Items from WSU Pullman or other Summit libraries usually arrive in less than a week, but other Interlibrary loans can take two weeks or longer to arrive at the Spokane Academic Library.