- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Northwest Tribal Technical Assistance ProgramThe Northwest Tribal Technical Assistance Program (TTAP) is a program funded with Cooperative Agreements by the Federal Highways Administration (FHWA) to assist tribes in developing transportation resources, infrastructure, and development opportunities for Northwest Tribes.
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd., Rm 384
Spokane, WA 99202-1660
Transportation Web Sites
- AASHTO - American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Alaska Research & Technology Transfer Site - This site contains our section's overview and staff chart, research project descriptions, forms and guidelines, and the Department's training calendar. It also contains libraries to search for research reports or other resources like training videos or our quarterly newsletter "Technology for Alaskan Transportation"
- Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities - Our mission is to provide for the movement of people and goods and the delivery of State services.
- American Highway Users Alliance - News and information about issues affecting transportation.
- American Public Transportation Association (APTA) - serves and leads its diverse membership through advocacy, innovation, and information sharing to strengthen and expand public transportation.
- American Public Works Association (APWA) - The American Public Works Association serves its members by promoting professional excellence and public awareness through education, advocacy and the exchange of knowledge.
- American Traffic Safety Services Association -The American Traffic Safety Services Association is dedicated to improving and promoting roadway safety
- American Waterways Operators(AWO) - The leading national advocate for the tugboat, towboat, and barge industry
- Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations (AMPO) - is a nonprofit, membership organization established in 1994 to serve the needs and interests of "metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs)" nationwide.
- Automotive Service Excellence - National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. ASE was founded in 1972 as an independent, non-profit organization with a single mission: To improve the quality of automotive service and repair through the voluntary testing and certification of automotive technicians.
- Bicycle Alliance of Washington - Promoting bicycling for everyday transportation through education and advocacy
- Bicycling - A popular road and mountain biking magazine. Includes practical tips to make riding more enjoyable. .
- Briefing Room-(DOT) - Recent information from DOT.
- Carfree Cities - the web site that goes with the book. Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.
- Center for Transportation and the Environment - The Center for Transportation and the Environment is a US Department of Transportation university transportation center, located at NC State University.
- CLRP Flagging tutorial-introduction - The purpose of this tutorial is to provide the fundamentals of work zone safety and to explain the basic concepts of flagging in a work zone. This includes reminders about proper flagging equipment, placement of flaggers, appropriate use of standard signaling devices, and methods of traffic control.
- Committee on Historical and Archeological Preservation in Transportation - Members of the Committee on Historic and Archaeological Preservation in Transportation (ACD05) are concerned with all cultural resources associated with transportation projects including highways, waterways, transit, and aviation. Cultural resources include: historic properties, structures, districts, landscapes, prehistoric and historic archaeological properties, Traditional Cultural Properties, Native American Interests, 20th Century properties, and issues associated with historic ethnic communities.
- Community Transportation Assoc. of America (CTAA) - On-line publication of Community Transportation Association of America.
- CompuLink's - CompuLink, Ltd. was incorporated in the state of Missouri in 1982 as an information systems designer/developer. We designed, developed, implemented and provided training on hybrid computer-based accounting systems from 1982 through 1993.
- County Road Administration Board - CRAB (WA. State) - This web site will serve as a clearinghouse for public sector survey control data efforts statewide, with links to other agency survey control. Data will be available for download, search via a web map interface, and printable reports.
- Eastern Washington University Planning - Eastern Washington University's Department of Urban and Regional Planning.
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) - Federal Highway Administration Home Page.
- Highway TechNet - Office of Technology ApplicationsIn keeping with President Clinton's priorities to create a government that works better and costs less, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) launched a comprehensive evaluation of the agency's organizational structure in May of 1997.
- Idaho Tranportation Department - Transportation Department for the State of Idaho.
- Indian Reservation Roads (IRR) Planning - Title 23 U.S.C. Section 204 - Up to 2 percent of funds made available for Indian reservation roads for each fiscal year shall be allocated to those Indian tribal governments applying for transportation planning pursuant to the provisions of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act.
- ISTEA Reauthorization - Information on ISTEA Reauthorization.
- ITE - Traffic Calming Library - Traffic calming for communities.
- LTAP Clearinghouse - Whether it's training, technical assistance or technology transfer (T2), the Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has the tools to suit the task. The LTAP network provides best practices and innovative technology to meet local needs.
- Manual of Traffic Signs - This is a listing of the most commonly used traffic signs in the United States.
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) - This Web site is devoted to information about the Millennium Edition of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). Back to Top
- National Center for Bicycleing & Walking - This site is designed to support the activities and initiatives of people working across the country, in their professional work and private lives, to make America a better place to walk and to bicycle.
- National Highway Institute - The mission of the National Highway Institute (NHI) is to provide proactive leadership, expertise, resources, and information to improve the quality of the U.S. highway system in order to enhance economic growth, quality of life, and the environment.
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) - was founded in 1972 as an independent, non-profit organization with a single mission: To improve the quality of automotive service and repair through the voluntary testing and certification of automotive technicians.
- National Work Zone Safety Clearinghouse - In February 1998, the American Road and Transportation Builders Association joined forces with the Federal Highway Administration to improve safety in highway work zones by creating the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse.
- NCHRP Project 8-41, - Effective Methods for Environmental Justice Assessment National Cooperative Highway Research Program. The objective of this research is to identify and develop processes, procedures, and techniques for integrating environmental justice considerations in transportation systems planning and decision making at the statewide, regional, and metropolitan levels.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) - NHTSA, under the U.S. Department of Transportation, was established by the Highway Safety Act of 1970, as the successor to the National Highway Safety Bureau, to carry out safety programs under the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966 and the Highway Safety Act of 1966.
- National Scenic Byways Online (NSBO) - Sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), National Scenic Byways On-line (NSBO) is a multi-faceted website that provides services to travelers, information seekers, and the byway community.
- NW Region BIA Map - The transportation program involves the necessary planning; programming; field measurements and data collection; design and design review and all work involved in construction, operation and maintenance of the Indian Reservation Road (IRR) system on thirty two of the forty-two reservations within the Portland Area jurisdiction.
- Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization (USDOT) - OSDBU's advocacy role includes a variety of initiatives encouraging policies that support the DOT's strategic goal - to encourage and assist small, women-owned, Native American and disadvantaged businesses to participate in DOT, and DOT-assisted, contracts and grants. In the realm of procurement programs at the federal and state level - OSDBU negotiates and monitors goals, mediates disputes, and assists in prompt payment issues.
- Office of Acquisition Management - The mission of the Office of Acquisition Management (HAAM) is to support the FHWA Headquarters research and development (R&D) contract program. HAAM negotiates, awards, and administers a variety of contractual instruments, including contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, and purchase orders.
- Oregon Department of Transportation -The Oregon Department of Transportation is responsible for keeping Oregon moving. The movement of people and products in all modes is vital for the state's economy and livability.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) - PMI establishes Project Management standards, provides seminars, educational programs and professional certification that more and more organizations desire for their project leaders.
- Public Works Software - Vermont's LTAP Center. Public Works Software Fees and System Requirements.
- Safe Communities - Nine agencies within the U.S. Department of Transportation are working together to promote and implement a safer national transportation system by combining the best injury prevention practices into the Safe Communities approach to serve as a model throughout the nation..
- SignMaker - Make your own freeway sign This Java applet formats freeway signs for you.
- Spokane Transit Authority - Responsible for mass transit in Spokane County.
- Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP) - was established by Congress in 1987 as a 5-year $150 million research program to improve the performance and durability of our nation's roads and to make those roads safer for both motorists and highway workers.
- Transportation Choices Coalition - The Transportation Choices Coalition wants a better quality of life for the people of Washington State, including clean air and clean water, more parks, and vibrant and healthy communities.
- Transportation Planning Capacity Building Program - The Transportation Planning Capacity Building (TPCB) Program is designed to help decision makers, transportation officials, and staff resolve the increasingly complex issues they face when addressing transportation needs in their communities. This comprehensive program for training, technical assistance, and support is targeted to State, local, regional, and tribal governments, transit operators, and community leaders.
- Transportation Research Board (TRB) - The Transportation Research Board (TRB) is a unit of the National Research Council, a private, nonprofit institution that is the principal operating agency of the National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Engineering.
- Transportation Safety Planning - This web site is designed to help transportation planners integrate safety into transportation plans at the state and local levels as required by the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU).
- Travel Model Improvement Program (TMIP) - Travel Demand ForecastingThe Travel Model Improvement Program (TMIP) is a multi-year, multi-agency program to develop new travel demand modeling procedures which accurately and reliably forecast travel for a broad range of modes, policy actions and operational conditions.
- TRIS Online - TRIS Online is a collaborative effort between the Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, National Academies, and the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, U. S. Department of Transportation, to provide a public-domain, web-based version of the Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) bibliographic database as a component of the National Transportation Library, and to enhance transportation research, safety, and operations by sharing knowledge and information.
- U.S. Roads - Traffic Safety and Maintenance US roads.com is the website of TranSafety, Inc., since 1982 a respected independent source of information on road safety, management, and litigation.
- US Department of Transportation - The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) is at work for America building a safe transportation system for the 21st century - one that is international in reach, intermodal in form, intelligent in character, and inclusive in service.
- Washington Highways Update - Information on road closures in WA.
- Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) homepage.
- Washington State DOT Highways and Local Programs - Highways and Local Programs Service Center of WSDOT.
- Washington State Traffic Safety Commission - Collaboration among state, federal, and local partners is key in designing and implementing successful traffic safety programs. Each year the federal government allocates part of the Federal Highway Trust Fund to the states to carry out highway safety programs. The Washington Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC) has administered these funds and facilitates these efforts in Washington State since 1967.
- Washington State Transportation Resource Manual - The Transportation Resource Manual is published by the Washington State Legislative Transportation Committee
- Western Federal Lands Highway Division - US Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration