- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Intramural SportsThe EWU IMS program will emphasize ideas such as better health and wellness, development of teamwork and leadership skills, provide opportunities for social interaction, sportsmanship & focus on diversity and inclusion issues while understanding the competitiveness desired by student participants.
Cheney, WA 99004
6 x 6 Outdoor Soccer Rules
OFFICE OF INTRAMURAL SPORTS
6 x 6 Outdoor Soccer Rules
Goalkeepers may slide or dive in an attempt to block a shot, but only within one step of the goalmouth. They
may not come out and leave their feet to take the ball from a player(s) as they attempt to drive or shoot on net.
1. Players are strongly advised to wear protective shin guards for their own safety.
2. Headgear of any kind can only be worn with the game officials permission.
3. Only appropriate athletic footwear may be used. No steel or steel tipped cleats may be worn.
Reminder: Players must stay on their feet at all times!!!
1. The game consists of two halves with a 20-minute running clock (official may stop the clock at their own discretion). Each team will be allowed one, 30-second timeout per half. Unused timeouts do not carry over.
2. Each team will consist of 6 players with at least 5 needed to start or continue play. Co-Ed teams must have a minimum of 2 female players on the field at all times.
3. Forfeit time is 5 minutes after scheduled game time.
4. The "Offside" rule is not in effect.
5. Any time a team achieves a 5 goal lead with less than 5-minutes remaining in the second half, the game will declared over.
6. Ejected players may not be replaced and their team must play a person down until the completion of the contest.
7. Tie games during league play shall remain tied. Playoff Tie Breaker: sudden death overtime.
DIRECT FREE KICKS
All kicks will be Direct Free Kicks and may be taken by any team member. Opponents must remain at least 5 yards away on all Free Kicks. Direct Free Kicks shall be awarded at the Official's discretion.
Shall be awarded when a Direct Free Kick offense is committed inside the penalty area or a goal-scoring opportunity is intentionally taken away. All players must remain behind the PK shooter.
YELLOW CARD / RED CARD
Cautions (Yellow Cards) shall be issued for the following:
1. Unsportsmanlike conduct or rough play
2. Questioning an officials ruling
3. Use of foul language directed at an opponent or teammate
4. Intentional stalling
Disqualifications (Red Cards) shall be issued for the following:
1. Intentional slide tackles or any type of violent play
2. A second caution to any player
3. Foul language directed at the game officials
4. Any act in which the game official feels warrants an ejection
EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY * URC 201 * CHENEY, WA 99004-2433
PHONE: (509) 359-4836 * FAX (509) 359-4735 * E-MAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Washington University is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity