- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
URC Fitness CenterRecreation facilities for EWU students, faculty, staff and community participants.
1007 W. Elm Street
Cheney, WA 99004
URC Fitness Center
"To exceed member expectations in a CLEAN and SAFE environment!"
The goal of the URC Fitness Center at Eastern Washington University is to educate our members about the importance of a balanced approach to physical fitness in an effort to improve their quality of life. This includes the fundamental components of a successful physical fitness program such as strength, endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular training. Our goal is to instill a dedication to all aspects of fitness and promote positive lifestyle changes as an integral part of the wellness program at EWU.
- 15,000 square feet of fitness center space
- Strength Training: circuits, free weights, racks and platforms
- Cardio Equipment: treadmills, elliptical trainers, arc trainers, steppers, bikes, ascent trainers, climbmills
- Functional Equipment: functional trainers, stability balls, TRX, medicine balls, and Bosu
- Indoor running track (1/9 mile)
- Open gym for basketball and volleyball. Volleyball available every Tuesday and Thursday (and weekends by request)
- Fitness Instructors Available to assist members in their workouts
- Personal training is available for those interested in working with a certified trainer to assist you in achieving your fitness goals
- Fast Fitness (PHED 150; 2 credits) or Strength Training (PHED 152; 2 credits) is offered each quarter in the URC Fitness Center
Hours of Operation
M-F: 7:15 A.M. - 8:30 P.M.
Saturday: 10:15 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Please note: Participants may continue working out 30 minutes after posted closing times.