- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Tuition, Costs and FeesA small tuition is the best tuition. When you choose Eastern, you'll have the smallest tuition bill of any public four-year university in the state. Bonus: you'll also have the lowest housing costs.
304 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Even though Eastern is the state's best value in education, you're not the only one who needs help paying for college. Every year Eastern awards approximately $5.5 million in scholarships. Add that to approximately $134 million in financial aid, and a degree from Eastern is definitely within your financial reach.
The best part is that you can find Eastern scholarships based on major, hometown, academics, community service, future plans and more. If you're good at something, there may be a scholarship for it!
It's impossible to highlight the hundreds of scholarships available to you, but we've put together a short list of some of the most popular scholarship opportunities at Eastern.
This is an incomplete scholarship list and does not include all scholarship criteria, application steps or consideration deadlines. For detailed information on Eastern scholarship opportunities, visit the Financial Aid and Scholarship website.
|University Honors Program and Scholarship||$3,500 to full tuition||X||X||3.6 GPA for freshman or
3.7 GPA for transfers
|Presidential Scholarship||$3,000||X||3.8 GPA or 1250 SAT (math + verbal)|
|Dean's Scholarship||$2,000||X||3.5 GPA and 1000 SAT (math + verbal)|
|Special Honors Scholarship||$3,000||X||National Merit Scholar|
|Eastern Advantage Scholarship||$1,500||X||Parents didn't attend college|
|EWU First Scholars||$2,000||X||FIRST participant or
Project Lead the Way participant
|Running Start Scholars||$1,500||X||EWU Running Start student|
Are you an out-of-state student? Several of these scholarships are only for in-state students, but you may qualify for the Western Undergraduate Exchange award.
Finding and Applying for Scholarships
Every qualified student should apply for scholarships. The process is usually straightforward, but because there are so many scholarships, you'll have to do a bit of work to find them all! Here's your checklist:
- Apply to Eastern.
- Complete and submit your FAFSA. It's free!
- Head to the Financial Aid and Scholarship website to review detailed scholarship information.
- Complete the General Scholarship Application. This one application is used for many Eastern scholarships. The scholarship application deadline for 2014-2015 was Feb. 15, 2014. Applications for the 2015-2016 school year are due Feb. 15, 2015.
- See what scholarships your program offers. Programs usually have several scholarships that are only awarded to students in those programs, which means there are hundreds of scholarships we can't highlight here. Some program scholarships have special applications, deadlines and requirements, so be sure to read all the details.
- Finally, head to the helpful Financial Aid and Scholarship website to discover other Eastern scholarships and the trusted outside resources that can help you tap scholarship opportunities.
Sources for Eastern Scholarships
Eastern scholarships come from two sources: charitable gifts to the university, and university funds set aside to help students afford college. We're proud of the Eagle family and alumni who give to the university, and we thank them for their generous gifts and support of future students.