- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Discover Life at EWU
Watch some videos. Look at some photos. Click some links. In fact, click all of the links. It's time to be intrigued.
304 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Spokane is a big, beautiful city. Cheney isn't ... and that's why students and their families love it. Cheney is a safe, quiet hamlet nestled among sky-blue lakes, rolling hills and pristine wildlife refuges.
Part bedroom community, part true college town, Cheney is home to Cheney Rodeo Days (which is amazing, by the way) and one of the state's smartest and most talented school districts.
It's also a town that understands the nocturnal habits of college students, so you're going to enjoy all the late-night pizza, burgers and tacos you need to fuel your study sessions.
- The town is named after Benjamin P. Cheney, the same business leader who founded Eastern Washington University in 1882.
- More than 40 percent of residents over age 25 have a bachelor's degree, making Cheney one of the most educated towns in the state.
- Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge is just six miles away. Eastern is the only school in the country with a research facility in a national wildlife refuge.
- The Fish Lake Trail is just minutes from campus, and when the weather is warm students often bike to Fish Lake for a quick dip in the lake.
- Fish Lake Trail also connects to the Centennial Trail, which connects to even more paved cycling trails throughout Washington and Idaho.
- Cheney is highly walkable, but if you're not up for the walk, you can always take the bus for free.