- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Discover Life at EWU
Watch some videos. Look at some photos. Click some links. In fact, click all of the links. We're in no danger of running out of links.
304 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Facts at a Glance
For more facts and to download printable fact sheets, visit EWU's Fast Facts page.
12,791 in fall 2013
- Resident undergraduate tuition and fees:
$7,961 (9-month starting fall 2013)
- Students receiving financial assistance after applying:
82.8% (totaling more than $134 million in financial assistance)
- International students: 3% (Saudi Arabia, China, Japan and Taiwan are the most popular home countries)
- Male/Female ratio:
44% male, 56% female
- New undergraduates who are transfers:
53% (2-year and 4-year)
- School spirit: EWU's colors are red and white. We're called the Eagles, and our mascot is Swoop.
- Student diversity:
EWU offers 135 fields of study, nine master's degrees, 12 graduate certificates, 39 graduate programs, one educational specialist degree and one applied doctorate.
You can enroll in classes at the main campus in Cheney, at Riverpoint Campus in Spokane or at an EWU location in Bellevue, Everett, Kirkland, Lakewood, Longview, Seattle, Vancouver and Yakima.
- EWU participates in NCAA Division 1 Big Sky Conference athletics with six men's and eight women's intercollegiate teams.
- There's room to roam. Campus covers 300 acres in a parklike setting with rolling wheat fields just steps from campus.
- Spokane, Washington's second largest city, is just 16 miles away. Take advantage of the nearby ski resorts, lakes and other outdoor recreation.
- Unique among the state's regional universities, EWU offers a Greek system with seven fraternities and eight sororities.
Eastern's Recreation Center features a rock climbing wall, ice rink and some of the best food on campus.
The Princeton Review ranked EWU's College of Business and Public Administration as an outstanding institution in the 2013 guide, The Best 296 Business Schools.
EWU has been named as a Military Friendly School for 2013 by G.I. Jobs Magazine, an honor that ranks Eastern in the top 15 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools nationwide.
- Eastern is the nation's only university with a research facility in a national wildlife refuge. Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge is just minutes from campus.
- EWU's outdoor club, EPIC Adventures, offers backpacking, camping, kayaking, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, ice climbing, and more. If it's human powered and outdoors, EPIC does it.
You'll find 55 intramural leagues, 33 sports clubs and more than 100 registered student organizations on campus.
- Averages of all incoming freshman:
3.24 GPA, 990 SAT, 21 ACT
- Freshman diversity:
- Freshman retention rate:
75% (first time/full time)
- Percentage who will be the first in their families to earn a college degree: