- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Discover Life at EWU
Watch some videos. Look at some photos. Click some links. In fact, click all of the links. It's time to be intrigued.
304 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Housing & Dining
Residential Life: Choose Your Hall
After choosing to attend Eastern, it's time to decide which hall you'll call home. You have seven halls to choose from, and each has its own personality. The newest hall opened fall 2013.
Living on campus is also the only way to have a true college experience, which is something you don't want to miss.
Like many other universities in the State of Washington, EWU requires freshmen to live on campus the first year. If you're under 21 and have attended college for less than one year after high school, you'll live on campus your first year at EWU. Learn more and apply for housing at the Housing and Residential Life website. (Exceptions available.)
Married students, single parents, and their dependent children and all graduate students can live on campus, too. Visit ewu.edu/apartments to learn more.
Dining Services has nine campus locations for food and beverage services. They serve over 50,000 muffins each year. They recycle tons of food and packaging. The only question: which location will become your favorite?
- The Roost: Catch a hockey game and nosh on tasty cuisine inspired by the best foods of the Northwest.
- Baldy's: The campus cafeteria serves up soups, salads and your favorite guilty pleasures. (We're talking about donuts and chicken strips, and that's just for starters.)
- Swoop's: The campus burger bar occasionally doubles as a sushi bar, too!
- Eagle Espresso Company: Grab a coffee or smoothie after a late night of studying.
- Eagle Express Market: Need a quick power-up? Stop by the on-campus convenience store.
- Tawanka Beverage, Bakery and Bistro: For all the times you want a bagel, a smoothie and a view of the newest academic building on campus while you finish your chemistry homework.
- Main Street Dining: This is EWU's "all you care to eat" option, and the focus is on well-balanced meals and laughing with your friends.
- The Brickhouse Deli: Subs and sandwiches, many of them named after EWU landmarks and celebrities.
- JFK Thirsty Minds Espresso: Studying in the library? Get your caffeine fix without ever leaving your books.
For more information visit the Dining Services website.