- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
International StudentsIf you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the United States, use these pages to help you apply for admission to EWU.
304 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Official Financial Statements Requirement
You need to provide proof of financial ability to pay for studies and living expenses while at Eastern Washington University. These are called Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) Requirements. These requirements are higher than Eastern's official tuition and housing rates.
For the 2016-2017 academic year, international students attending EWU must prove financial ability to meet the following requirements.
|Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) Requirements for 2016-2017|
|Educational Cost Components||English Language Institute,
|Tuition||US $11,400||US $22,502|
|Average Course Fees||US $150|
|Computer/Information Technology Fee||US $105|
|Comprehensive Health & Wellness Fee||US $286|
|International Student Continuing Enrollment Fee||US $300||US $750|
|Mandatory Health Insurance||US $1,876||US $1,876|
|Transportation Fee||US $60|
|Student Recreation Center Fee||US $195|
|PUB Renovation Fee||US $195|
|Books and Supplies (estimated)>||US $900|
|Total Educational Costs||US $13,576||US $26,999|
|Living Cost Components||English Language Institute,
|Room and Board||US $10,945||US $10,945|
|Personal Expenses||US $2,055||US $2,055|
|Total Livings Costs||US $13,000||US $13,000|
|Total Cost of Attendance||US $26,576||US $39,999|
|Additional Expenses per Dependent||30% of Living Expenses|
Mail Your Materials to This Address
Undergraduate Admissions Processing
304 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Requirements for Official Financial Statements
- Statements must provide evidence of your ability to cover Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) Requirements for the first academic year.
- Statements must be less than six months old.
- Statements must be in English or sent with an official certified translation.
- Statements must show either a savings account or bank draft account.
- If a sponsor is supporting your studies in the United States, your sponsor must submit financial statements.
- Statements must clearly show the name of the student or the student's parent, guardian or sponsor.
- All bank statements must be signed and stamped by the bank or issuing authority.
- All financial statements must be originals. No copies, scans or faxes are acceptable.
- All government-issued financial guarantee or sponsor letters must be addressed to EWU.
Documents you should not send as proof of financial ability
- Tax forms
- Statements from investment funds (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.)
- Letters from employers
- Your credit card limit
- Photocopied versions of official documents
- Digital versions of official documents
These documents will not be accepted as official.
Sponsorship and Financial Statements
If you are being sponsored by someone other than a parent, your sponsor must submit a signed letter that clearly indicates you are being sponsored. Your sponsor must also submit official financial documents.