Holly Johnson '14
CURRENT EMPLOYER: Hanford Mission Integration Solutions
CURRENT POSITION: Equal Employment Opportunity Officer
- Why did you want to join the EWUAA Board? As a non-traditional student who felt disconnected from the university after graduation, I wanted a way to re-connect and use my unique perspective in a way that could lead to developing ways for other non-traditional students to stay connected.
- How did you Eastern prepare you for the work you do now? Eastern prepared me by exposing me to different “genres” of study. By participating in a wide variety of courses, I was able to learn what I did and did not like which helped me understand myself better and develop goals based on my interests.
- Rosa’s cheesy bread or Eagle Punch? Rosa’s cheesy bread deserves its own food group on the food pyramid!
- What was your favorite part of your time at Eastern? I loved the exposure to college life. I grew up in a small town at a school with few extra opportunities to explore interests. Eastern gave me the small-town feel, but opened up a lot of opportunities for me and allowed me to explore diverse options in order to help me determine the career path I wanted to take.
- What is your favorite thing about Eastern today? As a whole, the university continues to feel welcoming. While EWU is always looking for innovative opportunities, it hasn’t lost sight of it’s identity and continues to provide the close-knit feel that has always been apparent.