CURRENT EMPLOYER: Second Harvest
CURRENT POSITION: Vice President of Philanthropy
- Why did you want to join the EWUAA Board? As a first-generation college student, the support I received during my time on campus was invaluable – without it I know that I would not have been able to successfully complete my degree. As a matter of principle, I feel compelled to give back to the university that gave me so many opportunities, particularly when it comes to connecting Alumni with current students to build community!
- How did Eastern prepare you for the work you do now? EWU maintains a world-class Student Life Experience. Every opportunity I was involved with (Greek Life, Student Programming, Internships) positioned me head and shoulders above my peers who didn’t lean in to those experiences. Working as a non-profit professional, I got my bearing in board management, volunteer engagement, and community relations through my Student Life experience on campus.
- Rosa’s cheesy bread or Eagle Punch? Cheesy Bread 100%.
- What was your favorite part of your time at Eastern? Without a doubt it’s the community cultivated by student leaders. I always felt connected and care for during my involvement with Alpha Omicron Pi, The Collegiate Panhellenic Council, SAIL Staff and Student Workers, and the amazing team at Eagle Entertainment. Picking just one memory is WAY to hard when I was gifted with a lifetime worth of memories.
- What is your favorite thing about Eastern today? My favorite thing about Eastern is their continued commitment to serving first-generation college students. EWU serves a unique population — they play in that space between Community Colleges and Larger Institutions. Taking chances on students like me who may not fit well into other institutions is what I continue to love most about EWU!