Jenna Linerud '01 & '05
CURRENT EMPLOYER: Camas School District
CURRENT POSITION: School Social Worker, Grass Valley Elementary
- Why did you want to join the EWUAA Board? I was fortunate to be a part of the Eastern family for both my bachelor and master degrees. I even recruited my retired mother to go back to college at Eastern and she completed her bachelor and master degrees at EWU which she just finished her MFA at the ripe age of 70! So, I wanted to give back on behalf of our family.
- How did Eastern prepare you for the work you do now? I needed the field experience I was given at EWU as a social worker to be ready to walk in to my first job and feel confident that I could actually help people. I had amazing mentoring from our Faculty Field Instructors that launched me into my first social work job a week after graduation! I love being a School Social Worker. It’s more than a career.
- Rosa’s cheesy bread or Eagle Punch? I pretty much only ate from the salad bar at the PUB. Sad.
- What was your favorite part of your time at Eastern? My relationships with my classmates! I also remember so much time spent hanging out in the old Senior Hall. We had some amazing potlucks in there.
- What is your favorite thing about Eastern today? Staying connected to the school through the board and my colleagues, Eastern football games, and memories of my time at EWU.