MSW Application Criteria
Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- For Advanced Standing, the degree should be in social work (BASW/BSW).
A calculated grade-point average of 3.0 in the last 90 graded quarter credits or 60 graded semester credits.
- For Advanced Standing, the degree must be from a CSWE accredited undergraduate social work program, awarded no longer than seven years prior to the application date with a grade-point average 3.0 in undergraduate social work courses and a cumulative grade-point average 3.0 in the last 90 graded quarter credits or 60 graded semester credit.
Credit Hour Requirement
Completion of 3 credit hours of an introductory statistics course covering descriptive and inferential statistics and basic hypothesis testing with a minimum grade of 2.0.
- Any student who has not completed such a course must complete an approved statistics course during the foundation portion of the program. The course must be completed prior to taking SOWK 526: Research Methods.
Complete GradCAS Application
Select Social Work-MSW for the Cheney/Spokane Full-time MSW Program or the Eastern Washington Part-time Weekend Hybrid Program.
Select Social Work-Advanced Standing MSW for the Cheney/Spokane Advanced Standing MSW Full-time Program or the Everett Part-time Weeknight Hybrid Program.
Important Things to Know:
- The GRE is not required.
- Previous Life or Work Experience cannot be substituted for course credit.
- No exceptions are made to policies regarding Advanced Standing.
- Applications for all programs are reviewed on a rolling basis. Students applying to our full-time program who are from outside Washington and interested in being considered for WICHE vouchers and other scholarships should submit by the priority deadline of February 1.