- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
EWU LibrariesAsk a Librarian
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
Use of the Library
- Assignable Carrels
- Assistive Technology Guidelines
- Food and Beverage Policy
- Disabled Student Services Policy
- Electronic Resources Use Guidelines
- Hoverboard Use (not allowed in university buildings)
- iZones Noise Management
- Library Instruction Room
- Minors in the Library
- Problems or Service Concerns
- Public Address System
- Request Form for Event or Display
- Rooms in JFK
- Security and Library Conduct
- Circulation Periods, Fines, Fees, and other Charges
- Confidentiality FAQ's
- Community Borrowers
- Equipment Policy
Collection Development Issues
- Collection Development Policy
- Controversial Materials Policy
- Government Information Format and Access:
Planning Documents & Surveys
2015 LibQUAL+ Lite Comments:
The library received the results of the LibQUAL+ Lite Survey in late March. Of the 772 respondents, 313 (40.5%) submitted comments. Issues ranged from service, to noise, to food, to hours, to space, and beyond. Some of the comments addressed multiple issues; by counting each separate issue as a separate comment, we arrived at 491 distinct comments on library issues.
We read all 491 comments, ranging from the positive to the negative. Not only did our respondents feel compelled to comment on our service (the most popular issue overall), but 75% of the comments about service indicated respondents were happy (or at least satisfied) with our service. We additionally received 27 comments that were basically kudos or atta-boys.
Of the 491 comments, focusing the lens on those that either implied action, improvement, or changes needed, we narrowed the number to 302 comments, representing 61.5%. Of these, the most popular issues related to:
- Hours (12.58%): respondents predominantly expressed a desire for longer library hours.
- Technology (11.26%): respondents expressed a variety of wishes - more tech fee money, more public computers, more equipment for checkout, etc.
- Semi-popular issues listed in descending order: collections (8.61%), databases, noise, service, furnishings, catalog/website, study rooms (5.30%).
Remaining issues in descending order: Learning Commons (3.97%), wayfinding, space, food, survey, Spokane Academic Library, electricity, other, cleanliness, ILL, network connection, Summit (0.99%).
Past Year LibQUAL Data: