Ryan Forney '10
CURRENT EMPLOYER: Amazon
CURRENT POSITION: Sr. Product Marketing Manager
- Why did you want to join the EWUAA Board? I loved my time as a student at EWU. My experience and education at Eastern opened many doors for me and I wanted to take the opportunity to give back. I am continually impressed by the impact that EWU grads make in the world, and want to play a role in helping reconnect alumni back to their alma mater as well as current students with alumni.
- How did Eastern prepare you for the work you do now? I ascribe to Coach Best’s idea of EKG (Eastern Kinda Gal/Guy). Eastern has done a tremendous job of producing good people, good students, and the kind of people that can just get the job done. My coursework and professors at Eastern helped me to gain the knowledge I needed to prepare for my career, and I was able to open doors for myself through internships I had in college.
- Rosa’s cheesy bread or Eagle Punch? Cheesy bread – hands down. Bonus points if it’s the pepper jack version.
- What was your favorite part of your time at Eastern? I met some of my best friends at Eastern, people who wound up like family. I loved competing with my teammates, and spending countless hours on buses and airplanes traveling the country for games. Meeting diverse people with a wide array of backgrounds, experiences, and interests opened me up to new ideas. Some of my fondest memories happened at Eastern, I still get butterflies every time I take exit 257 off I-90!
- What is your favorite thing about Eastern today? I’m incredibly excited about the things Eastern is choosing to invest in – from STEM programs and Catalyst, to first generation students and the nursing program (and of course Eagle Athletics), it’s always another great day to be an Eagle. I can’t wait to see what lies ahead of Eastern, and am energized by this opportunity to support students and fellow alums.