Cara Hernandez '09 & '12
CURRENT EMPLOYER: Senior life Resources NW
CURRENT POSITION: Associate Director of Meals on Wheels with Senior Life Resources NW
- Why did you want to join the EWUAA Board? I want to stay connected with other Alum and give back to Eastern in new and exciting ways. I am looking forward to bringing more Eagle pride and connection to the Tri-Cities area through events and resources. I truly gained so much as a student and want to contribute my time, ideas, and experiences for new and long-time grads.
- How did Eastern prepare you for the work you do now? As a first-generation college student, there was a lot to navigate in terms of my education and entering the professional workforce; the University had myriad resources and programs which helped me stay on track and determine the best path for my education and career trajectory. Not only was I able to maintain contact with professors between degree programs and reach out for advice, I am still in contact with some of my professors and appreciate their ongoing dedication to our field.
- Rosa’s cheesy bread or Eagle Punch? Oh, cheesy bread, no competition.
- What was your favorite part of your time at Eastern? The connections and relationships I built. Eastern had many opportunities to get to know fellow students and professors; the class sizes were not overwhelming and it was easy to find a space in which to belong and contribute. I also have fond memories of the Rugby club games.
- What is your favorite thing about Eastern today? I enjoy the EWU wine club! I also appreciate Eastern’s continued dedication to diversity and community. I am looking forward to in-person events and football games; nothing beats Eagle spirit!