Rhonda Stevenson '88
CURRENT EMPLOYER: California Beer and Beverage Distributors
CURRENT POSITION: Senior Director, Marketing and Public Affairs
- Why did you want to join the EWUAA Board? It was my time! Since I graduated in 1988, I have always been an Eagle faithful, and I just had this need to get more involved and promote Eastern. Eastern is a great school with a wide variety of educational opportunities available for the taking – whether you live on campus or commute. I am honored to help someone make the decision to attend Eastern or to help guide a grad in their first foray into their career.
- How did Eastern prepare you for the work you do now? I can say I literally use my broadcast journalism degree everyday on my job. Writing, marketing, capturing images – all necessary for taking a position on legislation, promoting an industry, and drafting digital and social media posts. My degree has served me well in my career of public affairs. I can still hear Mr. Boles telling me how to tell a story.
- Rosa’s cheesy bread or Eagle Punch? Gotta go with the Rosa’s cheesy bread. Being honest – it would be Zip’s tartar sauce
- What was your favorite part of your time at Eastern? I came to Eastern to become a high school English teacher but somehow, I wandered out to the Radio Television Department where I found my voice – literally. The RTV department was a family – we just had the best time on various productions (radio, tv coverage of sports, and other productions), in the classroom and at Goofy’s.
- What is your favorite thing about Eastern today? Have to say football season – I have family members that are University of Montana Grizz fans and Montana State Bobcat fans! The rivalry is real! Go Eags!