Nate Peters '16
CURRENT EMPLOYER: Saint Martin’s University
CURRENT POSITION: Director of Development
- Why did you want to join the EWUAA Board? I transferred to EWU as a junior from community college, so I only had two years on campus. I wanted to join the board to stay engaged and give back to the university and current students. I also love coming home to Cheney for board meetings!
- How did Eastern prepare you for the work you do now? My education has prepared me for success in my job. It was my time spent out of the classroom that made me stand out from peers. From student government and the student newspaper to running a fraternity, I discovered who I was and who I want to be.
- Rosa’s cheesy bread or Eagle Punch? Eagle Punch! The staple at any EWU event.
- What was your favorite part of your time at Eastern? My favorite part of my time at Eastern was the community. EWU is a large institution with a small school feel. I wasn’t a number and felt like I knew somebody everywhere I went on campus. Any student can find their place if they choose to get involved.
- What is your favorite thing about Eastern today? I am a proud Eastern alum. My favorite thing about Eastern today is that it continues to give the exceptional EWU education and experience that I received, while still evolving. The new things I’m excited about is Eastern’s focus on STEM, new campus infrastructure and growing student scholarships.