- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
EWU LibrariesAsk a Librarian
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
Reference & Instruction
Librarians are available to provide research assistance in a variety of ways.
- Ask a Librarian chat
- Ask a Librarian e-mail
- Phone 509-359-2263 for JFK Library or 509-358-7930
- Face-to-face on the main level of the JFK Library, or on the 2nd level of the Spokane Academic Library
- For in-depth research help, please fill out this form
EWU Libraries online resources include databases for finding articles, most with full-text, electronic books, census and other government resources, to name a few.
Our reference collection is comprised of online and print encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, statistical resources, and a wide range of subject-specific resources that support the curriculum. We also have an online guide to quick facts or ready reference websites.
All computers in the library have access to our resources. All of the computers are networked to the print stations, located on every floor of the library. You can also bring your laptop and access our wireless network.
Librarians are available to provide instruction on using library resources for your classes.
This instruction can take a variety of forms:
- Face-to-face instruction in the Instruction Rooms at JFK or Spokane Academic Library
- Detailed online guides created for specific classes
- Or a combination of both
Faculty who wish to schedule an instruction session, contact us:
- Ielleen Miller, Coordinator of Instruction at 359-4816, or
- the librarian assigned to your department.
We have a number of online tutorials on conducting library research as well as guides for specific resources.