Future Student Assistance FAQ
EWU is test-optional. This means you don’t have to submit test scores if you’d prefer not to. You have several options and only need to submit one of the following:
- a recommendation letter from a current teacher or counselor
- evidence of rigorous high school coursework such as AP, IB, CLEP, or Cambridge courses
- evidence of college success as an EWU Running Start student
- evidence of college success as a Running Start Student
- evidence of college success as a College in the High School student as demonstrated by GPAs of 2.5 for college-level English or 2.5 for college-level math
- official SAT or ACT scores submitted directly from the testing agency or recorded on an official high school transcription
- unofficial SAT or ACT scores
If you send test scores, EWU’s SAT school code is 4301 and our ACT school code is 4454. You can ask ACT or CollegeBoard SAT to send your test scores directly to us, or you can send us a copy yourself.
Yes. You may now submit an alternative to the SAT or ACT in order to receive an admission decision. All policies and updates about test-optional admission can soon be found online for freshman and transfer students.
If you have already taken the SAT or ACT, you can submit unofficial copies of test scores and still receive an admission decision.
You can submit unofficial transcripts from your high school. You will still need to provide copies of official transcripts before attending classes. You’ll also need to submit official transcripts if you want to receive credit for college courses that you’re transferring to EWU, you’ll still need to submit official transcripts.
Applications are due before or by February 1, 2021 for priority consideration. However, we accept applications after the priority deadline and throughout early summer. EWU Admissions is here to answer all your questions.
We know you might face challenges accessing documents or test centers when you’re applying for admissions. To help, we’re providing alternatives to keep your application on track. For example,
- Future EWU students can receive an admissions decision by submitting an alternative to an SAT/ACT test.
- Incoming freshmen may submit unofficial transcripts.
We’re proud to lead the state in ensuring access to higher education during this difficult time.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Build Your Future Here
We’re hard workers. We accept challenges. We’re determined to succeed. Plus, we like to have fun. That’s what makes us Eastern Eagles. Take the first step and learn why thousands of students have chosen EWU as their home.