Prior to applying for financial aid with the federal government, you must meet all basic eligibility requirements.
- Be admitted to EWU
- Have U.S. citizenship or permanent visa status
- Undocumented students may still be eligible for aid
- Be seeking a degree or certification in an eligible program
- Not be in default on any federal education loan
- Not owe a refund due to overpayment of a previous federal grant or loan at any college or university
- Be registered with the Selective Service (if required by law)
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
Financial aid is not available for stand-alone certificate programs. State, institutional and private aid is still available. This restriction does not apply to students who are taking certificate programs as a part of a larger degree program or teacher certifications.