ASPC provides access to historic documents related to the University and the Inland Northwest. If you wish to use EWU’s archival materials, please call or email to set up an appointment at 509.359.2475 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to ensure these resources are available for future generations, we ask that you observe the following rules:
- ASPC materials must be used in the Reading Room.
- Pencils, computers, and cameras may be used for note-taking and capturing images of photos, text, and other information. Pens or other implements that may damage collections materials are prohibited.
- Images captured in the reading room are for personal research use only. Researchers are expected to follow United States copyright law (Title 17, US Code).
- Backpacks, briefcases, tote bags, or other luggage are not allowed in the reading room, except with the consent of archives staff. Lockers located in the workroom are provided free of charge.
- Coats may be worn in the reading room. Researchers are expected to stow unused coats or jackets in their locker or on the coat rack, both of which are located in the reading room.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the reading room. Researchers may store water bottles and other containers in designated areas in the workroom.
- Researchers are expected to follow general best practices for handling materials.
- One box the table at a time, one folder out at a time.
- Retain the order of materials within a folder.
- Use cards to mark the location of the removed folder.
- Use gloves when handling photographic materials.
- Avoid opening books to a fully flat position to avoid damage to the spine.
- Turn pages from the corners.
We look forward to working with you to help explore your research interests. If you have any questions, staff are available to help you find materials of interest or interpret reading room expectations.