Start Your Application
We are no longer accepting applications for fall quarter 2021. Please contact email@example.com for winter quarter 2022 application information.
Check Your Eligibility
You can do Running Start during your junior and/or senior years of high school if you’re a Washington state student.
- If you have a 3.0 GPA, you can be automatically admitted.
- If you have a GPA between 2.7 and 3.0, you’ll need a recommendation letter from a counselor or teacher that addresses your:
- time-management skills
- analytical thinking skills
- If you’re a homeschool student, you’ll need to enroll at a high school that is eligible for Running Start. To be considered for admission, you’ll need to submit:
- your homeschool transcripts and
- an SAT/PSAT score of 1100 or better or
- an ACT score of 24 or better or
- a letter of recommendation from a non-family member
Complete the online Running Start application. The applications will be for winter quarter. We are no longer accepting fall quarter applications.
Optional: Apply for the Book Loan Program
If you qualify for free or reduced lunch, you can apply for the Book Loan Program. This program lets you borrow textbooks rather than buying them for class.
- Download the Book Loan Application (PDF).
- Fill out the form.
- Obtain an official letter from your school district verifying you are eligible for free or reduced lunch.
- Submit both the form and the letter from your school district below by September 1st.