- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Date and Time
Monday, Feb. 24, 2014 | 1-2 p.m.
Monroe Hall, room 207 | Cheney campus
EWU Career Services
Christine Johnson is the Vice President of Development and Community Relations at Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington and North Idaho where she oversees the marketing, public affairs, development and education departments . She attended the University of District of Columbia and Dixie State College of Utah. With a history of non-profit service on various boards and commissions, she ran for office in 2006 and served two terms in the Utah House of Representatives as an openly gay elected official. During her second term, Johnson acted as a surrogate mother for two gay friends.
Following legislative service, Johnson was the Executive Director of LGBT advocacy organization, South Carolina Equality, where she worked to create equal civil rights for the LGBTQ community. In January 2012, she presented a TEDx talk entitled “Say Yes”. Christine now calls Spokane home and is not only happy to be closer to her daughter, a senior at Seattle University, but also thrilled to support the mission and clients served by Planned Parenthood.
- Offered January 2012 TEDx talk entitled "Say Yes" in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Became the executive director of the GLBT civil rights group South Carolina Equality (July 2010)
- Former Member of the Utah House of Representatives (25th district) January 2007 - July 2010
Be sure to participate in the raffle drawing:
- 1 Planned Parenthood gift pack
- 2 Book Raffles, Know Your Power by Nancy Pelosi
- 1 CD from Poet Andrea Gibson
Contact: Romeal Watson, EWU Career Services | 509.359.4637, email@example.com