Professional Accounting Moves Online Fall 2022
Bachelor and Master Degrees Offered Fully Online beginning Fall 2024
As we emerge from the pandemic, EWU’s School of Professional Accounting (SoPA) is re-imagining their curriculum and its delivery, as well as expanding opportunities for experiential learning. “We want to meet students where they are,” notes Christine Kuglin, former chair of the SoPA. “Students prefer to work and remain in their home communities while attending school. Online classes enhance students’ ability to manage their schedules, from anywhere they choose and stay close to their families.”
What does this change mean for students?
- All accounting courses will be offered online beginning Fall 2022, permitting maximum scheduling flexibility. By Fall of 2024, students will be able to earn their Bachelor and Master of Professional Accounting degrees completely online. Two-hundred-level courses will continue to be offered in person as well as online.
- Experiential leaning opportunities will be expanded in response to input from local accounting professionals. These opportunities include the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, known as VITA, and a Guardianship Audit Program with their local courts. In both programs, students will help their home communities while gaining valuable work experience.
- A new course, Accounting Career Preparation, will be added to the curriculum to facilitate interactions with the local accounting communities and help students gain valuable work-related skills.
- Additional internships will be created in the students’ home communities with their local accounting firms.
- Accounting will be offering additional technical courses in response to changes upcoming in the 2024 CPA exam:
- Accounting Information Systems (AIS)
- Data Analytics
- Additional tax courses will be added to address a new emphasis in CPA Exam tax advising concentration.
- A branch Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi will be established for students to participate in the highly regarded honors program while remaining in their home communities.
For additional information please contact Duanning Zhou, email@example.com.