EWU Adaptive Athletics Exhibition
Friday, June 24, 5-6 p.m.
In partnership with MultiCare
Ever wondered what it would be like to play wheelchair basketball?
Join in the fun and come see the team in action Friday, June 24, at Hoopfest’s Northern Quest Center Court in the U.S. Pavilion of Riverfront Park. The exhibition will feature the EWU Wheelchair Basketball Team and an opportunity for local community leaders and members of the public to receive hands-on instruction from the team and coach David Evjen.
Come watch and meet:
- Dr. Shari McMahan, EWU President
- Dr. Jonathan Anderson, EWU Interim Provost
- Alex Jackson, SVP & Chief Executive, MultiCare Inland Northwest Region
- Greg Repetti, President, MultiCare Deaconess Hospital and MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Sam Adams, KHQ Wake-Up Show Co-Anchor
- Sandy Zimmerman ’05, American Ninja Warrior and Teacher
- Auriana Mitchell, ‘22, EWU Student Trustee
Thanks to generous support from MultiCare, participants will learn how to play basketball and have a friendly competition in wheelchairs designed for use on the courts. Come check it out!