For Students & Parents

Learn what it takes to be eligible, how much it costs, how to pay and find resources for current students.


EWU in the High School is available for sophomores, juniors and seniors. There are no ACT score, SAT score or GPA requirements. However, some EWU in the HS courses do require math or English placement testing, and some courses have prerequisites.

For more information about which EWU courses are offered at your high school and what the prerequisites are, talk to your counselor.

Tuition & Fees

The cost of EWU in the High School courses is $65 per credit. Some high schools do have subsidy funding to allow juniors and seniors to take up to 10 credits at no cost. Contact your high school to see if they have subsidy money available to help pay for credits. EWU pays for all placement testing and course fees. Depending on the course, you may need to buy a textbook. Download the Student Handbook for complete program information.

Getting Started

Paying Your Bill

There are two different ways that a student can pay their bill.

Online Using EagleNET

  1. Visit EagleNET
  2. Choose “Pin Access”
    • User ID: This is your 8-digit EWU ID#/Verification Code
    • PIN: Student’s birthday in this format: mmddyy
  3. Set up the account following the prompts (keep birthday as PIN for ease of use)
  4. Choose “Student”
  5. Choose “Student Account”
  6. Choose “Pay My Bill”
  7. You will be redirected to a website asking you to log in with your NETID and password*
  8. Select the term that you are trying to pay for (i.e. Fall Quarter 2020)
  9. Select “Pay Now”
  10. Choose the term again, fill in the amount that you plan to pay and select “Pay Now”
  11. Follow prompts regarding payment information

*If you did not receive an email with your NETID or EWU ID number, contact the College in the High School Office at or 509.359.6187.

By Mail

  1. Make check payable to Eastern Washington University
  2. Include student’s ID # on Memo Line
  3. Mail to the following:
    Eastern Washington University
    Student Financial Services
    202 Sutton Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What’s the difference between Running Start and EWU in the High School?
    EWU in the HS courses happen on the high school campus. High school instructors have been approved by college/university departments to teach the college course. Running Start takes place on the college campus or online and is taught by college or university professors that are employed by the college or university. Both options are actual college courses and will have grades transcribed on an official college/university transcript. The credits will transfer the same as traditional college credits.
  • How is it different from AP?
    Advanced Placement (AP) is credit by exam. Students may take an AP exam without taking an AP course. College credit is granted based on the score earned on the exam. Different universities have different AP Score policies for each exam and what type of credit will be granted. EWU in the HS students get college/university credit without having to take a specific exam.
  • Do I have to get a minimum grade in EWU in the HS courses to receive credit?
    Yes and no. We encourage students who are earning less than a C or 2.0 to drop the course so that you don’t risk academic probation once attending a college/university full-time. However, you can earn credit with a D or .7.
  • How many EWU in the HS courses can I take per term?
    As many as fit in your schedule and allow you to graduate from high school on time! There may also be funding limitations depending on your situation and high school.
  • Do my EWU in the HS courses give me college credit? Does that credit transfer?
    Yes and yes! Check our transfer guide to see how your credits transfer to other colleges.
  • What if I need to withdraw from an EWU in the HS course?
    Talk with your high school instructor immediately to start the paperwork to be dropped from a course. You cannot be dropped after the last official day or once grades have been submitted.