Academic Program Review
Proposals for program discontinuation are reviewed by the EWU Faculty Organization, in keeping with Academic Policy 303-35, Chapter 7.
Below are the report and supplemental documents that EAB delivered to EWU administration on October 1, 2020:
- EAB’s written report and analysis (PDF file): Financial Sustainability – EWU Academic Affairs Budget Analysis and Findings – FINAL
- EWU majors analysis (Excel file): EWU Undergraduate Majors Analyzed – FINAL
- EWU majors, institutional value scores (Excel file): EWU Majors-Institutional Value Scores -FINAL
- Faculty workload opportunity/efficiency assessment (Excel file): Faculty Workload Opportunity Assessment-FINAL Anonymized
- Course capacity opportunity/efficiency assessment (Excel file): Course Capacity Opportunity Assessment-FINAL
- EWU tripwire analysis (Excel file): EWU – Tripwire Analysis – 5.1.20
Below is the provost’s proposal for program review and discontinuation, delivered to the Program Review Committee on October 14, 2020:
Proposal for PRD (PDF file): Proposal for PRD
- Music BME moved from II.A. Program Discontinuation list to II.B. Consolidation and Program Revision list because of high credit requirement (October 16, 2020)
- GWSS BA moved off II.A. Program Discontinuation list because of ongoing consideration of program structure (October 16, 2020)
- Athletic Training MS moved off II.A. Program Discontinuation list to allow time for this new program to develop (November 19, 2020)
- Manufacturing Technology BS moved off II.A. Program Discontinuation list because of discovered error in data related to program name change (January 8, 2021)
October 26, 2020: Report of fall 2020 declared majors, based on 10th-day census data (Excel file): Fall 2020 Majors
May 14, 2021: Provost’s recommendation to the president on program review and discontinuation: Provost’s PRD Recommendation May 2021
May 19, 2021: President’s recommendation to the Board of Trustees on program review and discontinuation: President’s PRD Recommendation May 2021.
June 24, 2021: The EWU Board of Trustees unanimously approved the administration’s Program Review recommendation.