Activist in Residence 2020 Dates
The Women’s and Gender Studies Program and the Women’s and Gender Education Center are the lead organizers of the Activist In Residence (AIR) program on the EWU campus.
For a seventh year, AIR will bring an activist to campus to work with EWU students, staff, faculty, and community members during winter quarter of 2020.
Meet the 2020 Activist In Residence
Lili Navarrete immigrated to Spokane with her family from Mexico City in 1988. She graduated from Eastern Washington University with a B.A. in International Affairs and minors in Economics and Business Administration. Advocacy is central to her career. She is the Director of Public Affairs and Raíz at Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington and North Idaho where she fights for reproductive rights, immigrants, and marginalized communities. She is the Vice President of the Hispanic Business/Professional Association and was recently appointed by Governor Inslee as a Commissioner on Hispanic Affairs. As a member of the Spokane Immigrant Rights Coalition and the Washington Immigration Solidarity Network, she helped steer passage of the Reproductive Health Care Access For All Act and fights against racial profiling in Spokane.
- Jan. 29 – Immigration Activism Now! La Bestia Film and Panel Discussion
- Feb. 5 – Immigration Activism is for Everyone: Finding Your Place in the Movement
- Feb. 12 – Coalition Building to Make Lasting Change
- Feb. 19 – Diving Deeper: Using Data to Address Health Disparities Among Our Immigrant Neighbors
- Feb. 26 – Transitioning from Ally to Accomplice en el Movimiento
- Mar. 4 – Lobbying to Shape Public Policy