Please work with your General Academic Advisor until you are approaching junior status (90+ credits) and are major ready.
Here are some general instructions for declaring your major in the chemistry department.
- Fill out the top portion of the Major Declaration Form
- Select the appropriate boxes under Major (first-time declaration, changing majors etc.)
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Major option you wish to declare (drop-down menus may not work in Firefox)
- Add a minor if desired/required
- Print the form
- Stop by department office, SCI 226, to be assigned a departmental advisor
- Make an appointment with your advisor to obtain a major declaration signature
- Sign the bottom
- Return the signed major declaration form to SCI 226 for processing*
*Please note the department office does not receive a notification when you declare your major in records and registration. Bypassing returning the form to SCI 226 means you may miss out on important department notifications and information, such as scholarship, job, and internship announcements.