- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Army ROTC ScholarshipsScholarship Options
202 Cadet Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Army ROTC Scholarships
Whether you are a college-bound high school student or already attending college, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on academic, athletic, and leadership merit, not financial need. All scholarships pay for tuition and mandatory fees. Scholarships also provide an allowance for books as well as a monthly personal living allowance. You can also choose to have your scholarship applied to room and board.
Army ROTC scholarships are divided into two categories: 4-year National Scholarships (for high school seniors) and 4, 3, and 2-year Campus-Based Scholarships (for incoming or current college students).
Criteria to qualify for an ROTC Scholarship:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident
- Be under 31 at the time of graduation from college
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 (to be competitive, a minimum of 3.0 is required)
- SAT above 920 and/or ACT above 19 (for 4-year scholarships only)
- Pass a medical exam and the Army Basic Physical Fitness Test
- No civil convictions
- Full tuition and mandatory fees (or $10,000 annually for room & board)
- $1,200 annually for books and supplies
- A monthly stipend between $300-$500 (dependent on academic level in college)
4-Year National Army ROTC Scholarships
National scholarships are designed for high school seniors. The application window is during the first half of a student's senior year and lies in conjunction with applying to college. The National Army ROTC scholarship program is run by Army Cadet Command. The annual deadline to apply for a four-year national scholarship is January 10th.
THE 2017-2018 SCHOLARSHIP WINDOW FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS IS OPEN
STEP 1: Apply online
Go to the High School National Army ROTC Scholarship Application page; click the link at the bottom of the page to build a profile and start the application. Keep track of your email/password combination as you will use this to log-in to the application website.
STEP 2: Submit the required documents including:
• A copy of your high school transcript
• A copy of your SAT or ACT score
• A copy of the Scholarship Physical Fitness Test. This can be administered by any sports coach or PE teacher. Click here for the Scholarship Physical Fitness Test form.
You can scan and e-mail these documents into firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 502-624-1120
STEP 3: Conduct the scholarship interview: Schedule an appointment to conduct an interview; call 509-359-6110 to schedule your interview at EWU Army ROTC
2, 3, and 4-Year Campus Based ROTC Scholarships
Campus-based scholarships are designed for high school students (who missed the National application period) OR for undergraduate and graduate level college students. Most campus-based applicants are already enrolled in ROTC, but this is not a requirement. Most of the criteria is still the same, but the process is different than the national process. If interested in applying for a scholarship, contact the EWU ROTC Enrollment Officer at 509.359.6110 or email@example.com.