When you become an Eagle, you join a family that celebrates and promotes the differences among all people. Pride Center officially opened in winter 2010 and supports EWU’s LGBTQ+ and allied students.
LGBTQ+ students and their allies are always welcome at EWU.
The Pride Center hosts frequent events and programs throughout the year, and you can get connected even before you start your career as an Eagle.
- Contact Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at EWU. CAPS offers a counseling group for LGBTQ+ students each year.
- On-campus Allies have been specially trained to offer support and answer your questions.
- Find campus, local and national resources for LGBTQ+ students.
- Map out gender neutral restrooms on campus.
LGBTQ+ in the Community
The Pride Center offers a list of local and regional resources for LGBTQ+ students.
In addition, students may find these resources helpful as they explore issues of diversity at EWU.
- OutSpokane, the region’s leading LGBTQ+ organization, hosts Spokane’s Pride Festival and offers LGBTQ+ resources for the Spokane community.
- Odyssey Youth Movement is a local non-profit that promotes equity for LGBTQ+ youth in the Inland Northwest through youth-driven programs and community education.
- Inland Northwest Business Alliance (INBA) is Spokane’s LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce with members in Eastern Washington and North Idaho.