Skip to main content
Apply Now
Undergraduate Admissions
304 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
phone: 509.359.2397


Welcome to Eastern Washington University! This is quick a overview to help you understand how you can apply to American schools like EWU.

Am I an international student?

You are an international student if you have an F-1 or J-1 visa or if you are planning to acquire an F-1 or J-1 visa.

Your status in the United States will be linked to the I-20 or DS-2019 issued by EWU.

You can apply for admission to EWU if you've completed the equivalent of a United States high school or secondary school.

How do I apply, and what do I need to submit?

Start your application with this list of required materials and key deadlines.

If you want to earn a master's degree or a doctorate, please visit the International Graduate Students website.  

If you have an international agent, EWU can work with them directly.

When should I apply?

Most students apply in their final year of high school or secondary school in their own country.

How can I get an I-20 or DS-2019 for my studies in the United States?

  1. Complete an international admissions application and submit your application fee
  2. Submit all required documents.

EWU will issue you an I-20 once your admissions application is complete and approved.

Where will I live?

New first-year students are required to live on campus. You can apply for on-campus housing by visiting the Housing and Residential Life website.

How do I submit application materials?

You apply online. You send all other important application materials to this address:

International Admissions Processing
304 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004-2455 USA

Materials sent to Eastern Washington University will not be returned.

EWU international students smile for the camera at an Eastern Washington University football game.

© 2016 Eastern Washington University
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.