Send your completed application packet to email@example.com or Colleen Mastel, 200 PEC, Cheney, WA 99004. Applications must be postmarked or emailed by June 1.
Complete the general EWU Graduate School Application
- Complete the EWU Graduate School Application
- Select Athletic Training (MSAT) from the options
- Pay the $75 application fee
- Submit official transcripts
Note: The MSAT Program does not require GRE or GMAT scores.
Complete the MSAT Program Application
- Write a short essay that describes:
- How you became interested in becoming a certified athletic trainer
- What makes you passionate about the field of athletic training.
Note: Your response should be no longer than 1000 words.
- Submit a professional resumé
- Include your education history and relevant experience
- Complete three copies of the MSAT Recommendation Form.
- First Form: Must be completed by the ATC who supervised at least part of your observation hours
- Second Form: Must be from a previous instructor or professor who can attest to your academic performance.
- Third Form: Must be completed by a person who can attest to your character. This person cannot be related to you.
- Provide proof of ECC (Emergency Cardiac Care) certification. Your certificate of completion must come from either the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association or an equivalent. ECC training must include all of the following:
- Adult CPR
- Pediatric CPR
- Second Rescuer CPR
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Airway obstruction
- Barrier devices (e.g., pocket mask, bag-valve mask)
- Complete 100 hours of observation with a certified athletic trainer (ATC and/or LAT) and fill out the Verification Form.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants that provide proof of AT observations occurring at various healthcare sites and with different athletic trainers.
- Review and complete the MSAT Technical Standards.
- Complete the Prerequisite Course Self Audit.
- Compile each of the documents described in steps 3.1-3.7 into a single submission packet and submit to Colleen Mastel, 200 PEC, Cheney, WA 99004 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit individual components of the packet.
- You will be informed of the program’s enrollment decision no later than the last week of June.
- The MSAT faculty will notify those selected for admission utilizing the email address you provided on your application.
- If you are selected for admission, you will have one week to accept or reject your admission offer.
- Accept or reject the enrollment offer by completing and returning your acceptance letter via email.
- If you accept your enrollment, you will receive an email detailing program requirements that must be provided by the first day of class. These include, but are not limited to:
- Physical exam
- Official immunization records
- Criminal background check
- Drug test