MSW Application Criteria & Steps
Social Work applications will open on November 3. The MSW Program application cycle is Fall to Spring each year. Different applications are accepted each year. Watch this page for updated information on the current application cycle. Questions about which application is the correct application for you, contact Chris Babcock at email@example.com or 509.359.6485.
- MSW Standard Program – Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- MSW Advanced Standing Program – Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in social work (BASW or BSW) from a CSWE accredited social work program.
- MSW Standard Program – A cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher in an undergraduate program. Less than 3.0 GPA, requires a statement in the application process on readiness for graduate level work.
- MSW Advanced Standing Program– the degree must be from a CSWE accredited undergraduate social work program, awarded no longer than seven years prior to the application date with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0. No exceptions.
Complete the Graduate Admissions Application
Check application open and close dates using the application cycle table below. Applications close at 9 PM (Pacific Time) on the dates listed.
The School of Social Work does not open applications for all MSW Programs each year. Only one application per applicant is considered at a time.
Applications being accepted:
Standard MSW Programs:
- Social Work Cheney – MSW: for the full-time fully in-person graduate program based in the Cheney and Spokane area.
- Social Work Everett – MSW: for the part-time hybrid graduate program based in Everett, Washington. Designed for students from the Pacific Northwest counties and Island counties.
Advanced Standing MSW Programs:
- Social Work Cheney Advanced Standing – MSW: for the full-time fully in-person graduate program based in Cheney and Spokane area for those eligible for advanced standing.
- Social Work Spokane Advanced Standing – MSW: for the part-time hybrid graduate program based in Cheney. Designed for students from central and eastern Washington State and northern Idaho.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA and APPLICATION STEPS for each program can be found below.
Application Announcements: Admit/Waitlist/Decline
- Following the deadline date, applications are reviewed by faculty, and admissions decisions are made as admit, waitlist, or decline. Waitlist applicants may be brought into programs if space is available.
- Timing of announcements. Applications are reviewed, and announcements are made within 30-45 days.
- If denied admission, there is no appeals process, but you can reapply when we are accepting applications for the next cohort.