Application for the BASW Cohort which will start Fall of 2024, will open November 1, 2023 and materials will be due by June 15, 2024.
Transfer students must apply to EWU before they can apply to the BASW Program.
Application Materials to Submit:
A completed BASW application including the following items:
1. Unofficial transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended
2. A BASW Program Eligibility Checklist
3. A BASW personal statement
Address in no more than 1200 words and no less than 350 words:
- What is your primary reason for wanting to become a social worker?
- What previous accomplishments of yours best prepare you to be a social worker?
- What will be your greatest challenge in meeting the demands of the BASW Program, including full-time coursework and 16 hours a week of practicum (during the second year of the Program) and what is your plan to address this challenge?
4. Email addresses from at least two (2), and no more than three (3) references:
One must be from someone who has supervised your work for at least 40 hours, such as an employment supervisor or volunteer activity supervisor
Other references may be from faculty members – high school teachers are acceptable, coaches, civic or academic club sponsors, such as science or chess club or gay-straight student alliances
References shall not be from family members, family friends, personal friends or romantic partners, clergy other than those who were your supervisors, personal therapists, counselors or recovery program sponsors
5. If applicable, a brief statement about how an applicant shall complete the requirement that no more than three EWU or DTA required classes shall be outstanding by the end of the summer quarter
6. If applicable, a statement is included in your online application about any and all criminal justice, CPS or APS involvement. For specific content see below.
Download the Application Instructions PDF. If you have questions about the BASW Program admission requirements, or how to meet them, please contact:
Assistant Professor/BASW Program Director
Senior Hall 102 (Office: SNR 216)