Applying to Live On-Campus
Before getting started, make sure you have your NetID and password. Don't know your NetID or password? Visit accounts.ewu.edu.
Start Your Application
- Sign the Housing and Dining Services contract.
- Pay a $125 non-refundable housing application fee.
- Verify or provide biographical information.
- Choose a meal plan.
- Answer a roommate-matching questionnaire.
Share Your Preferences
- All students that submit a housing application and pay the non-refundable application fee prior to May 1st will be placed in a lottery to determine the order in which their housing preferences will be considered.
- Answer some questions about your preference for your future home. When we assign students in the coming months, this information will help us make sure we can do our best to assign you to your preferred building!
- Search for your future roommate.
- By Name: This is for students that already know who they want to live with.
- By Details: This allows you to choose the aspects of the roommate-matching questionnaire which are most important to you and see people that most closely match your answers.
- By Suggested Roommates: This allows you to see a list of your highest percentage matches based on the answers you provided in your roommate-matching questionnaire.
- Having trouble finding a roommate? Make sure your desired roommate has also applied for housing.
- Communicate with potential roommates via email (or other mediums if you choose to share more contact information).
- Request and confirm roommates by May 1st (only confirmed roommate pairs will be able to be assigned together). We will do our best to honor roommate pairs made after this date, but these are not guaranteed.
- We recommend that you log back into your housing application periodically to search for roommates as more student apply and to see if there have been any changes to your roommate. You will be notified via email if your roommate changes, but logging in lets you see the most up to date information.
Check Your Account
Make sure to check your Eagles email for any updates or changes to your housing application. We will be sending you updates regularly via your Eagles email and text. Check out our FAQs for more info on the application timeline.