If you are experiencing a severe financial, medical, or other circumstance which makes living on-campus as undue hardship, you may appeal the financial consequences of terminating your contract. The Housing and Residential Life Appeals Committee will consider an appeal to your contract for the following:
- Withdrawal from the university due to documented medical reasons
- Determination of a medically necessary accommodation which cannot be adequately addressed within student housing
- Withdrawal from the university due to a severe financial hardship
- Designation as a primary caregiver for a minor or disabled family member
- Other extenuating circumstances
You must appeal financial consequences within thirty days after contract termination. The committee will make a decision and notify you via your Eagles email address within thirty days of submission. Should you disagree with their decision, you may appeal to the Senior Director of Housing and Residential Life within thirty days of the original decision; their decision is final.
Note: You should be aware that choosing to move off-campus to “save money” or if you were removed from the residence halls for disciplinary violations (per the Student Code of Conduct) are both not sufficient grounds for an appeal.
Qualifying for a Waiver
Financial consequences are waived if you are:
- Graduating from EWU at the time of termination
- Withdrawing from EWU due to military service
- Married or in a registered domestic partnership
- Participating in student teaching, an internship, or a study abroad program out of the Cheney/Spokane area