Curriculum & Requirements
Business Analytics Minor
Business Analytics is a high-demand field composed of a hybrid of information systems, applied statistics, management science, data analysis, operations research, consumer behavior, risk management, and decision support. The focus is on the analysis of data to develop decision models in a business environment.
- due to the cross-disciplinary nature of Business Analytics, the following business core courses should be completed before starting this minor: , , , , , , , , , and ;
- this minor is intended for BSB students except for BSB in Business Systems & Analytics and BS in Data Analytics;
- enrollment is restricted to those who have been formally declared into a BSB program;
- non-BSB students should take the Data Analytics minor;
- given the level of quantitative, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills necessary to complete this minor, students should have a GPA ≥3.0 before starting this minor;
- a maximum of 8 credits can be counted towards both this minor and a School of Business program (double-counting policy);
- a minimum of 12 credits of this minor must be taken at EWU.
Grade Requirement: must achieve a minimum grade ≥C in each course that fulfills a requirement for the minor.
|OPTIMIZATION VIA MANAGEMENT SCIENCE||4|
|BUSINESS DATABASE APPLICATIONS||4|
|SPREADSHEET MODELING FOR BUSINESS APPLICATIONS||4|
|MIXED RESEARCH METHODS, SECURITY AND ETHICS FOR ANALYTICS|
|DATA MANAGEMENT, CLEANING AND IMPUTATION|
|DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS|
|MULTIVARIATE DATA ANALYSIS|
|BUSINESS APPLICATIONS PROGRAM DESIGN|
|DATA COMMUNICATION AND NETWORK FUNDAMENTALS|
|SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN|
|ADVANCED DATABASE APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT|
|INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT|
|SERVICE AND OPERATION ANALYSIS|