In our Doctorate in Educational Leadership program (EdD), you’ll examine the human, organizational, political, social and technical components of educational systems and institutions. You’ll engage in and become a contributor to socially-just leadership with the intention of transforming the practice of education at the local, state, regional, and national levels. In this program, you’ll have the option to pursue one of these concentrations:
- PK-12 Education: The PK-12 Concentration provides a rich knowledge base to analyze administrative practices with a focus on PK-12 education.
- Higher Education: The Higher Education concentration focuses on the specific needs of higher education institutions. You’ll be prepared for a leadership, administrative, policy or management position at the college or university level.
An emphasis on socially-just leadership practices prepares you with the ability to identify injustice and effectively engage in making change by leading forward with an understanding of equity and intention for creating abundance and benefit for all students, staff, and community members.
Candidates in our hybrid (online and in-person) program can attend full-time or part-time. The program can be completed in just over three years. Our instructors bring their leadership and practical experiences in public schools and higher education, along with the strong ability to create learning and leadership environments that invite you to contribute your strengths for the benefit of all.
- Completion of a Master’s degree.
- Complete the online application.
- Choose Educational Leadership – EDD.
- At least a 3.0 GPA in last 90 quarter or 60 semester credits.
- Payment of $75 application fee.
- One official transcript sent directly from each university and/or college you have attended to the Graduate Studies Office. For more information regarding transcripts, please contact Graduate Studies directly at 509.359.6297 or email@example.com.
- Upload the following directly to the application through GradCAS:
- One-page personal statement of interest in pursuing the EdD.
- Writing sample, such as a previous academic paper or project.
- Names and email addresses for three professional references sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: Reference requests will be sent from a “no-reply” email address and may end up in your references’ spam folder.
Upon review of your admission materials you may be invited to an on-campus or virtual interview for further consideration in the EdD program.
Apply today for the Summer 2022 quarter.