The Secondary Education Program is three-quarters, culminating with a quarter of full-time student teaching. You may apply to begin the program during fall, winter, spring, or summer quarter. Completion of this program satisfies the State of Washington endorsement for teaching grade 5 through grade 12. All Secondary candidates will complete content area specific coursework, including a major and if desired a minor, prior to completing education coursework.
- Education: EDUC 201 and SPED 363
- English: ENGL 201 or an approved equivalent
- Mathematics: university mathematics proficiency
- Speech: CMST 200 or CMST 201 or CMST 340 or an approved equivalent
- Other: PSYC 204
- EDUC 303 (3) FOUNDATIONS OF ASSESSMENT
- EDUC 309 (3) FOUNDATIONS OF SECONDARY CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
- EDUC 341 (3) SECONDARY STRATEGIES, MANAGEMENT, ASSESSMENT
- EDUC 386A (3) FIELD EXPERIENCE AND PRACTICUM
- EDUC 413 (3) CONTENT AREA LITERACY: MANAGEMENT AND ASSESSMENT FOR SECONDARY EDUCATION CANDIDATES
- EDUC 386B FIELD EXPERIENCE AND PRACTICUM
- EDUC 427 GENERAL STUDENT TEACHING K-12
- EDUC 426 SECONDARY STUDENT TEACHING
Please view grade requirements.