Wherever You’re From, You’re Welcome Here
The EWU community is committed to an amazing learning experience. Join students from more than 40 countries at our beautiful and safe eastern Washington campus. Applying as an international student can be complicated, but don't worry. We're here to help.
Submit an Online Graduate Application
Please be sure to complete the International Information section.
Submit one official transcript
Submit official transcripts from each college you’ve attended. Transcripts must be original documents or certified copies. (A certified copy is a copy of the original document that has been verified as authentic by an administrator at your school or a government office.)
Submit a Transcript Evaluation
Submit an official course-by-course evaluation of transcripts through World Education Services or another credential evaluation service recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- A list of agencies can be found at naces.org. The credential evaluation service must provide a chronological list of coursework. Graduates of accredited U.S. universities are not required to submit a credential evaluation
Submit an Official English Proficiency Test Score
Test scores from TOEFL, IELT or PTE Academic sent directly to EWU Graduate Studies.
|79 - 91||550 - 579||53 - 62||6.5||Provisional Admittance|
|71 - 78||525 - 549||48 - 52||6.0||English Language Institute or Graduate Preparation Program|
|70 or lower||524 or lower||47 or lower||5.5 or lower||English Language Institute or Intensive English Program|
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. university are not required to submit English language test scores.
- Applicants with scores below the English proficiency test score requirements may be considered for provisional admission to the Graduate Preparation program or the English Language Institute.
- Applicants who have not taken an English proficiency test like the TOEFL or IELTS can instead take English classes at EWU’s English Language Institute (ELI) to meet the English requirement.
Mail Financial Statements to EWU
Mail an original bank or financial statement along with any necessary original letters of financial support to verify your ability to fund 12 months of study at Eastern, currently $45,000.
- This figure covers tuition as well as estimated room, board and miscellaneous expenses. English translations of all documents are required. This documentation is required before EWU can issue you an I-20. Check the Visa page for more detailed information about the financial requirements for obtaining a student visa.
Mail a Photocopy of your Passport Identification Page
Send it with your financial documents to the Graduate Studies Office.
Any mailed documents should be sent to:
EWU Graduate Studies
206 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004-2444